The Library Director will report to the Library Board of Trustees.
The Library Director serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the library. They will manage library operations and supervise library staff. Prepare annual budget for the library in consultation with the board. Promote the mission of the library within the community. Attend meetings & training with the library board, Southern Tier Library System & Directors of Allegany County Library Association.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Daily correspondence ie. Emails & mail.
- Attend board, STLS meetings & training.
- Prepare annual budget and adhere to approved yearly budget.
- Checking in & discharging of patron material – books, dvds.
- Purchase of all library materials including books, dvds, cleaning supplies, office supplies.
- Researching & acquiring funding thru grants, fundraising & donations.
- Programming for adults, teens & children.
- Work hours of operation (27) hours a week.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer skills
- Start immediately
Interested candidates can send a resume to the Friendship Free Library by mail to PO Box 37, Friendship, NY 14739 or email to email@example.com